Due Date Count Down

 Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, February 25, 2011

Week 24 - from Portland, Or

So we had so much fun hanging out together at the Benson Hotel. This is a fancy hotel I was able to find a good deal on (since it was the week before Valentine's day) and it turns out that every President since Taft has stayed there too.

My main concern was making sure I had appropriate snacks with me and alternatives for breakfast as I fully was aware my husband likes to sleep in when ever he can. The train ride down was fun, the engine has some electrical problems so we ended up arriving later to Portland than expected. We walked our suitcases and things up probably 6-7 blocks to the hotel and then went in search of dinner. We finally found ourselves in a different hotel restaurant for dinner but it was delicious..

The week passed quickly and really we stayed at the hotel most of the time. Food was a challenge as I feel very restricted in what I could choose and what was either in walking distance, had something I could eat, or delivered to the hotel when we were feeling lazy. All in all the trip was fun. We came home with two small carry on suitcases full of new books including a few for the little baby. It was a great time to just be with each other and appreciate that time. I'll add pictures when I finally bring the camera downstairs for Jeremy to add to the server.

I did get sick one day and we had to make a trip to the Rite-Aid to get crackers and diet seven-up. I think it was one of my breakfast choices.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. You guys have a server in your house, too? We have a server and a 'Media Vault' with all of my husbands comics and pictures of the family. Funny! We nerds obviously share common characteristics! lol

    ReplyDelete