Due Date Count Down

 Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, February 25, 2011

Week 23 in review

Um...week twenty three...the end of January and beginning of February. This week was set apart by Jeremy's and my excitement to go our on our last vacation before the baby comes. I had been trying to think of something to do other than stay home for a while. Our original plan was to fly out in March to New York then Boston for a gaming convention we attended last year. Well Jeremy's job is getting busier and busier and that turned out to be nixed right away. So where else could we go and have fun? We decided on Portland, Oregon. We both had been there for a couple days last year and have fun going to the largest independent bookstore Powell's books. The only other concern was how were we going to get there and back and leave the only car we have for my brother and our roommate to make it to work. I was fortunate enough to take a train ride to Montana last year with my mother and loved it. So I booked us a round trip on Amtrak.

In preparation for going on vacation I was trying to prepare myself to have a hard time eating out the entire week. My sugar numbers were actually higher than the nurse and dietitian wanted them so the day I left for vacation I had to quickly have her call in the prescription to a close pharmacy. I was able to pick it up with enough time to get home and pack the car to go on vacation. After the stress at work I was so excited to get away and not think about the workplace for a while and just focus on Jeremy and I relaxing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment