Due Date Count Down

 Pregnancy Ticker

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Work Stress and Week 22

I've had a very, very stressful week at work. I know you are all thinking right away - Stress isn't good for the baby. Believe me if I could have avoided the stress I would have. I'm now facing a hard 30 days at work under scrutiny for things that got escalated for someone perceiving I have a hard time handling anger at work. I was angry for good reason and that good reason seems to be looked over by my employer.

So I'm managing as best as I can, on top of still figuring out when to eat, when to test my blood, and how to incorporate meals I miss.

The good news is that I got to have the second ultrasound and the echo-cardiogram. It was 2 hours long. I was able to see baby boy yawn and stick his tongue out too! The results showed that he is on target for his development and seemed to have long arm and leg bones which suggest he will be tall. I was able to get more pictures from them, and although most of my blood sugar numbers are okay but my morning blood sugar number is still too high for gestational diabetes. So they are putting me on medicine to help. Basically when you sleep the body's blood sugar level drops and the liver, which stores sugar, releases some into your body. Normal healthy people's livers can tell when it has released enough sugar to trigger the insulin to be released by the pancreas. My body's liver is not recognizing when the insulin has been released. Too much sugar in the body. The medicine is suppose to make the liver more sensitive to the insulin release.

and now for the pictures!


Oh Hi baby boy! (He didn't want to sit still so there are a couple blurry shots I didn't post)


Case and point, his hand is over his face (I think he's trying to avoid the paparazzi)


After he yawned the technician replayed that part of the video and took three shots the above is the pre-yawn shot.


Above is the second shot where you can see him opening his mouth.


And finally nice large yawn! It was probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment