Due Date Count Down

 Pregnancy Ticker

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Week 19

This week the major event was having to take a Glucose Tolerance Test. For those of you who haven't had to take this test, it's a 2 1/2 hour test. You start by having fasted for at least 8 hours, they take your blood, you drink a glucose drink, wait one hour and they draw blood, wait another hour and draw blood again. I was hungry going in and I had two major concerns. One - I might throw up because I was so hungry (thankfully the only time I have been sick during this journey so far) and two the Glucose drink...the last time I had to drink something for a medical procedure was when I had to have a colonoscopy.

Great news...the drink doesn't taste the same. Mine was Lemon Lime flavored and tasted like watered down soda without the carbonation. I also had a nice place to sit and watch a movie while waiting for my next blood draws. So the test is over and I should know the results some time next week. Next week will be a big week because it's ULTRASOUND WEEK!!!! I'm both nervous and excited to find out if were having a girl or boy.

Other things on my mind...well I still haven't really gained much weight. In fact one of the other ladies getting her glucose test said I didn't really look 5 months along. I am still somewhat okay with that because I know I will be gaining soon. I guess that's everything for now. Big post coming up Thursday if the baby cooperates ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment