Due Date Count Down

 Pregnancy Ticker

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Telling the Grandparents part one.

As I said the Monday after the appointment I flew home to spend two weeks in Minnesota. Jeremy and I had planned to tell our parents and siblings during this visit. While I was at the airport I decided to call my older sister, Candi, and told her the news. She was excited as apparently the weekend before family was visiting her and the topic of needing a baby to hold had been brought up. I boarded the plane and finalized how I was going to tell my mom who, bless her heart, came to pick me up at the airport near midnight. As we waited for my bag to come down the shoot I sat with her and approached the topic.

Mom had been thinking about a book group reunion trip to Texas in June of 2011. So I told her I didn't think she should go on the trip. She asked "Why not?" Well I proceeded to tell her I thought she would want to save her vacation time for something else. She asked, "What is that?" and I said she would want to save it to come visit me and her new grand baby!

For those of you who don't know, my mom, has been "blackmailing" me with a quilt for a future grand baby. It's been something that keeps coming up in conversation over the course of the last year. Of course Mom is excited. I think she is ready for another baby to hold as my nephew Ethan is 6 going on 30. ;)

We stayed at my eldest sister Tia's house that night and in the morning I told her I had a secret that she couldn't tell anyone and broke the news to her. Her response in direct quotes, "SHUT UP! Why didn't you tell me last night?" lol. I think she would have woken the whole house had I told her then.

Next up was my dad. When we finally made it home that day Dad was home waiting for us. I brought purse in, grabbed a little outfit I brought to share the news, and moved to give him a hug. Dad set himself up for this because while we were hugging he commented saying, "Now I've hugged all my daughters and all my grand kids in one weeks time." I pulled back and said, "Yes you have as a matter of fact." and held the little outfit up to him. The outfit said "I love grandpa." Dad looked at the outfit and asked Who it was for and I replied , "The grand kid you hugged that's in here," while pointing to my belly. I got an extra hug for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment