Due Date Count Down

 Pregnancy Ticker

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Week 16 and17 - December Doctor's appointment

The last two weeks flew by so fast I was either working my temporary schedule shift from 7 am to 4 pm or I was about to pass out at home. I was chosen to help train some of our holiday help. The end week 16 was our doctor appointment. I had blood drawn for an AFP test that should help to catch any holes in the baby. I also have a test request to go have a Glucose test done to see where I'm at with diabetes since my family history is saturated with it. The doctor seemed pleased with no weight gain yet. Particularly because of my size we are hoping I only gain roughly 15 lbs. We heard the baby's heartbeat on the Doppler again (after the little one kept moving away from it.) The heart beat is in the upper 150's. What was the coolest thing to hear was the sound of the baby moving away from the Doppler. Can't describe it but it was cool.

Week 17 was a short work week and my mom has flown in to spend Christmas and New Years with us. We have had two low key holidays at home playing games and eating good food. Now starts the busiest time of year at work tomorrow and I'm tired just thinking about it.

Next month is our ultrasound. That's something I'm looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment